A Nationwide Federal Criminal Defense Practice
White collar criminal defense attorneys Solomon L. Wisenberg and Adrienne Urrutia Wisenberg represent clients in all phases of a federal criminal case, including:
- Federal criminal investigations: Representing targets, witnesses and subjects of federal criminal investigations
- Grand jury investigations: Whether you received a target letter or a subpoena to appear before a grand jury, you still have options that can limit your exposure to prosecution.
- Corporate internal investigations: Including investigations of alleged fraud, embezzlement, employee theft, and money laundering
- Insurance fraud inquiries: The insurance industry has its own fraud unit that investigates and advocates prosecution of alleged insurance fraud.
- Wire and mail fraud: Using the mail, phone, fax, Internet or other forms of communication in a scheme to unlawfully acquire money or property
- Tax fraud: IRS criminal investigation division agents are extremely aggressive. If you are the subject of a tax fraud investigation, you need competent legal counsel as soon as possible.
- Bank and mortgage fraud: Banks and mortgage lenders may encourage you to make a false statement on a loan application. If you miss a payment, they will refer your case to federal prosecutors.
- Health care fraud: Failure to comply with the health care industry's myriad regulations can result in federal prosecution.
- Securities and investment fraud: Including insider trading, brokerage misrepresentation and SEC investigations.
Other White Collar Criminal Defense
- Public corruption, bribery and Hobbs Act: Attorney Solomon L. Wisenberg has represented individuals in cases involving alleged corruption by executives and public officials at the highest level.
- Theft of federal property: From misuse of federal grants to running a side business at your government job.
- Export/import violations including arms shipments: Including violations of the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- False statements to government officials: It is a federal crime to lie to a government agent, even if you are not under oath or trying to cheat the government out of money.
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: Prosecutions and investigations under the FCPA are at an all-time high.
- Federal sentencing issues: There is no parole in the federal criminal justice system. If convicted you will serve 85 percent of your sentence at a minimum.
- Appeals: Adrienne Urrutia Wisenberg has represented clients in nearly 250 direct appeals and habeas corpus proceedings in her 20-plus years as a criminal defense lawyer.
If you are under investigation or have been accused or convicted of a federal crime, please contact us, white collar criminal defense attorneys Solomon L. Wisenberg and Adrienne Urrutia Wisenberg at Barnes & Thornburg LLP. From offices in Washington, D.C., we represent clients nationwide.