Accomplished White Collar Criminal Defense Lawyer
I am Solomon L. Wisenberg, an attorney with extensive lead counsel experience in complex white collar criminal investigations and jury trials. I am a co-chair of the white collar group at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, a major full-service law firm. My nationwide practice is primarily devoted to representing individuals and businesses exposed to federal criminal inquiries or charged with federal crimes. In my distinguished government career, I served as Deputy Independent Counsel, the number two position, in the Whitewater/Lewinsky investigation, and I was selected by Judge Kenneth Starr to conduct grand jury questioning of President Bill Clinton.
Experience And Credentials
- Extensive first chair jury trial experience in complex white collar crime cases
- Repeated success helping clients avoid federal indictment
- Selected by Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr to question President Clinton before the federal grand jury
- More than two decades running and defending white collar investigations
- Former Instructor, Department of Justice Trial Advocacy Institute
- Personally directed 75-100 white collar investigations as Assistant United States Attorney and Chief of the Financial Institution Fraud Unit in the U.S. Attorney’s Office
- Highest Rating “AV” through Martindale-Hubbell 2003-2021*
- DC Super Lawyers [Criminal Defense: White Collar Crime], 2012-2021
- Ranked in Chambers USA 2016-2021
- Highest Rating “10: Superb” by Avvo 2009-2021
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers 2003-2021
- Guest Lecturer, FBI Academy-Quantico, Virginia
- Noted writer, lecturer and television commentator on white collar crime issues
- Author of the book White Collar Crime: Securities Fraud (3rd Ed., 2016), published by Thomson Reuters – one of the world’s leading legal publishers
- Board of Directors, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers [2009-2012]
- White Collar Crime Committee, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers [2009-Present]
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation [2009-Present]
- Former Deputy Independent Counsel in Whitewater/Lewinsky Investigation
Get An Elite White Collar Attorney On Your Side
If you are under investigation or have been accused or convicted of a federal crime, feel free to contact me, white collar criminal defense attorney Solomon L. Wisenberg. I lead the white collar criminal defense team in the Washington, D.C., offices of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, LLP.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.